3/31/11

Tol Barad Commendations

Earlier this week  I could afford the [Reins of the Drake of the Westwind] from Tol Barad for 200 commendations.




I am not a great fan of the new drakes, i think they have a weird face, but i still kinda like to collect mounts, so i bought it. Mostly i didn't know what else to buy with my commendations since i don't really need anything more from this vendor anyways.


I would strongly recommend doing the dailies in Tol Barad. There are really nice rewards you can get, and by turning the dailies you earn commendations and reputation with the faction Bardin Warden's. When you win a battle there are about 6 quests available on the Tol Barad island, the Battleground island.  Then you can move to the Tol Bard peninsula (the one from the portal) and do the rest of the dailies. I can't tell which is the best moment in doing your dailies, probably when it's controlled by your faction, but there will still be people ganking you while you quest! Personally i think it is nice, cuz you get honorable kills while questing 


The first item I bought from the Quartermaster at the Alliance camp was the [Arcanum of Vicious Strength], a head slot enchant with +60 strength +35 resilience which is the best head enchant you can get for PvP and then the shoulder enchant +50 strength + 25 resi. I hesitated getting a sword frome there, but since I was going to have the Vicious Gladiator's sword, it had been a waste of those commendations and i saved them for the drake.
There are also trinkets, diverse enchants and weapons, mounts, etc. 
Here's the link to the vendor if you want to check out all what he sells with more details.


I am now saving for the spectral horsie! and then the seagul may be.
Btw. I didn't do the dailies EVERY single day, I got bored of it often, but I tried to do them when i had time and felt like it, and it went fast enough! Also don't forget you can make nice money from these, the mobs drop a lot of Embersilk Cloth and grey items worth golds at any vendor. There are also plenty of plants/flowers, elementium and mobs to skin, not to forget the cute Fox Kit pet which drops from the Baradin Foxes.


I kinda like him after all.
How much time did it take you for the achievement [Just Another Day in Tol Barad]? Because i am doing dailies for a long time now and didn't get it o.o looks like they never want to give me the quests i miss.


0 comments: