6/30/11

About patch 4.2, how do you like it so far?

Hi there!

I thought i'll make a feedback of the new patch while eating my morning chocolate cereals nomnom. Ok this post might be kinda long since i like to add pics and such (may be i should start making videos but omg i hate to hear my own voice) I didn't have time to explore all of it yet, but i'm going to write about at least the new things that have been added, changes, new dailies etc. etc.

Let's start with the most important thing for a girl *sigh*

1# NEW HAIRSTYLES :3

So, i heard all the new hairstyles haven't been added yet, but i found out there were already new ones for night elves, blood elves, trolls, tauren (horns). I made some screencaps so you can fully appreciate! But as I said, there will be more to come... No date yet tho.


Night elf


Sassy Buns. Model: Daikiri
Sassy Tails. Model: Anaesthetic
I kept the Sassy Buns hairstyle on Daikiri, fits a little mage. But my DK is emo enough atm, so she'll stay with her traditional long night elf hair. Don't you just love this lovely pink/purple hair color?


Blood elf

Braided Tail - Model: Renardette 
Troll


From left to right: Sticks & Stones, Backblown Model: Lovegame (special thanks)


Tauren

From left to right: High, Omega, Backswept. Model: Vainglory
2# New questlines, Firelands dailies

I know, I know, this one should have gone first. Myeah, what can I say about these new quests? I don't want to spoil anyone, and even if i wanted to, i can't D: Why? 
Well go play Alliance on a server which is 80% Horde. I am not complaining about World PvP, i think it's awesome and Blizzard overdid it with putting OP guards at EACH goddamn place so you can't gank anyone BUT, this time it was like without exagerating 20-25 hordes and 4 allys? Including me, geez. All of us standing on the tiny plateform for the first part of the Thrall questline in Uldum. So you basically had to stand on the border of that plateform, and pull mobs from there so that the 1 mio hordies didn't see you. Omg PvE heroes srsly... (
I hope this tip helps for those who are in the same situation) Hopefully i was there with my resto druid so i can't rly die, but doing quests as a healer my my... Also if you die there it resets your quest \o/
When i FINALLY finished the first part of the Thrall quest, i got teleported to Vash'jir to do the "water part"... And guess what? I think that even before my screen was loaded i was already dead! Yes because there were 10 thousand hordes questing there and found it funny to wait til a poor ally showed up to anihilate him. I gave up and thought i'll do that once around 2 am when all these kids are sleeping.

Earlier today i did the other Firelands questline with my DK this time, it was empty of hordes and i could get to the first dailies with no problems, at 10 am the hordes started to spawn like worms in a rotten corpse (ehm...) probably cuz they finished watching their daily cartoons and decided to log in. OH BUT YES, i "probably QQ cuz i got pwned", wisest sentence of the day.


Anyways, i would say without spoiling that the quests are really fun, with many animations and cinematics, different phases and a cool storyline around the healing of Azeroth, Thrall etc. You also start receving a new currency called "Mark of the World Tree" which will be used to unlock new dailies until you did all phases, then the vendors become available and will sell rewards for gold.



3# PvP gear + New arena season

You guys are probably aware the season 9 is now ended and the new season starts in about a week. For those who didn't know, please stop looking and asking where you can buy the new arena sets, they are NOT out yet, be a bit patient :P You can now buy Vicious gear for honor. Yay... or not so fast. I bought a Vicious trinket for my druid and then wanted a relic, buuut here is what showed up:




Yeah, you can't buy the whole Vicious gear just like Bloodthirsty gear for honor. That would be too easy, wouldn't it? For all weapons and obviously relics, you need a certain amount of honor earned, 7'250 to be precise, to purchase. Good luck farming BG's. Not sure i'll have time to get my whole gear til next week, but i'll do my best to improve it as good as i can. I'm half Vicious geared on my DK and got about 4-5 pieces on my druid, all from arenas, so it shouldn't take too long eventhough i personally like arenas way more than BG's. Well and to think all unskilled BG farmers will have the same gear as i have in no time, makes me a bit sad, gotta admit that -.-

#4 Changing your character's position in menu

omfg i've been waiting for this one for a loooonnnng time! No more lvl 1 before my 85's huhuu

#5 Map and mailbox animation


Cutie!
#6 Alliance/Horde balloon pets

These are so cool! Reward for the quest Blown Away in Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
Since it's a lvl 20 quest, make sure to track low lvl quests if your 85. For Alliance, the little draenei called Vin can be found in the cathedral square. The balloons are spread around the city, just look carefully!




7# Randomz

Another new thing i noticed is that the hunter pets are out while mounted! I'll add more stuff if i find out, for now that was it.


And you, what do you think of the new patch so far? Anything you would remove/change or that you really love about it?

xxx

Aemilia

0 comments: